Printable Files and Posters
Policies and Relevant Information for Press Outlets
More in-depth information about the history and mission of our organization can be found on our About Us page.
Application for Press Credentials
KuroNeko Cultural Association (KNCA) provides complimentary membership and full weekend entry for members of the press affiliated with an established news outlet. To qualify as an established news outlet, the organization must be active for at least one year with current publications. KNCA does not grant press passes to cosplay photographers or non-local web based publications at this time.
To apply for press credentials, please contact email@example.com about your interest with your first and last name, the name of your media outlet, and the category of media you represent (print, radio, etc).
Press Credentials: Privileges
- Complimentary full weekend membership to KuroNekoCon
- Early admittance to events if space is available. (Does not include participation in paid ticketed events)
- Behind the curtain or backstage access to events with approval of KNCA staff.
Press Credentials: Limitations and Requirements
- All press members must identify themselves as Press by having their press badge visible at all times.
- Photos of specific merchandise requires approval from the displaying exhibitor.
- Press are not granted early or after hours access to the exhibit hall.
- Flash photography and/or backstage access must be approved by KNCA staff on a per-event basis
- Press are required to adhere to all existing policies in the Attendee Code of Conduct and Security Procedures Documentation. Failure to comply with press policies, the Attendee Code of Conduct, or Security Procedures may result in revocation of the press badge(s).
KNCA Interview Procedures
KuroNeko Cultural Association does not offer interviews with official KNCA Guests of Honor, due to the strict time limitations of the existing schedule. Interviews with executive level staff of various KNCA departments can be arranged in advance. Although we do our best to accommodate requests, requesting an interview does not guarantee that one will be arranged.
Ad hoc interviews with attendee members, exhibitors, general KNCA staff, industry and cultural guests, and people other than Guests of Honor do not require advance KuroNeko Cultural Association approval, and are permitted so long as they do not interfere with with the functions of the convention. All interviews must be approved by the member, exhibitor, staff, guest, or others included in the interaction prior to the interview taking place.
Guests of Honor can be differentiated from cultural and industry guests by their badge type, (Sample from 2019 visible below):
Guest of Honor
All professional level equipment within the convention center excluding handheld DSLR or mirrorless cameras, but including stand-alone audio/visual recording equipment and aids, must be accompanied by a staff badge or press badge and are subject to KNCA staff approval. KNCA reserves the right to require equipment be moved or removed if it interferes in convention function or the flow of foot traffic.