Peace Bonding Policy
KuroNeko Cultural Association welcomes and encourages our attendees to come in cosplay and have a great time at events. We desire to foster a positive and encouraging environment where all attendees can enjoy a safe, fun, and memorable event. To that end, we require that anyone bringing in prop items that resemble weapons or are larger than six inches in any dimension, read and adhere to this policy.
At KNCA’s discretion, the following activities are prohibited:
- Brandishing or swinging your prop item.
- Using a prop item to threaten or intimidate others.
- Hitting, tapping, poking, or or otherwise inappropriately touching another person with your prop item.
- Using a prop item to annoy or bother others in a direct or intentional way.
- Pointing a prop item at another person without permission.
- Leaving your prop item unattended at any time.
- Causing damage to personal property.
Please exercise caution and be aware of the size of your peace bonded item so as to not inadvertently come in contact with people or property. You are responsible for the interactions of your peace bonded item whether is it in your possession or not. If you let anyone else use or hold your peace bonded item you are responsible for anything that person does with your peace bonded item.
The following items are prohibited from all KNCA events:
- Items that are or have ever been functional projectile weapons whether or not you have a concealed weapons permit. This includes firearms and airsoft guns even if they have been gutted or filled, functional bows even if the bow string is removed, projectile play weapons such as Nerf brand items, and water squirting items.
- Paddles, for example: yaoi/yuri paddles.
- Live blades, metal-bladed swords, and items with cutting edges such as knives, scissors with sharp tips, and razor blades.
- Spring-loaded wrist blades regardless of material.
- Anything determined to be unsafe to the public.
- Unlawful items.
- Exotic weapons will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
- Skates of any kind worn on feet.
- Ice skates without blade guards.
- Live ammunition.
- Pepper spray.
- Props that are large enough to impede foot traffic, block doorways/fire exits, or cause a significant hazard to other individuals because of excessive bulk or size.