DEADLINE EXTENDED TO: JULY 15TH, 2020
KuroNekoCon’s Cosplay Contest has moved online! Dress up and take your best photos from the comfort of home and get them featured during KuroNekoConline!
Here are some tips and guidelines to get you started:
- The divisions for this contest are just like our bi-monthly contests- an Adult (Ages 13+) and a Youth Division (ages 12 and under, using a parent or guardian’s social media account)
- Group cosplays are allowed, and will be judged as a unit instead of as individuals if submitted as one entry to the entry form.
- Well-lit pictures taken by someone else or using a propped up phone are more likely to give judges the best idea of what your entire cosplay looks like.
- Selfie-type pictures don’t always showcase the entire costume, but are great for highlighting your makeup or wig work- don’t be afraid to take a variety of photos and pick the best ones.
- Submission themes must adhere to KNC’s Code of Conduct. Submissions may not include: Nudity (implied or actual), overly explicit words or images, or other content that is not family friendly in nature.
- Photos must be posted to either the Facebook Event Page, or to Instagram tagging the official @kuronekocon account. The entrant’s profile must remain publicly viewable through the duration of KuroNekoConline, Saturday, July 18th, 2020 11:59 PDT.
- At least three photos of the entrant are required:
- A photo showing the full cosplay, head-to-toe
- A photo showing your favorite part of the cosplay
- A photo showing a sign that says KuroNekoConline Virtual Cosplay Contest, July 18th, 2020
- Any additional photos are optional but encouraged! Any parts that the entrant wants to highlight are welcome in addition to the required ones.
- In your Instagram or Facebook post, we ask that you answer the following questions:
- What division (Adult or Youth) are you entering?
- What character are you cosplaying from, and what series?
- Did you make any of your cosplay?
- What is your favorite part of your cosplay/What are you most proud of?
- There are two divisions of entry: Youth (12 and under) and Adult (13 and older). Any youth participants must enter using a parent’s Facebook or Instagram account.
- Photos must be taken and submitted by Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 11:59 PDT. Any pictures submitted after that date will not be accepted.